Friday 13 September 2013

50 Random Facts Tag

Waddup, first of all, my name's Jodie. My thoughts are awesome so I thought I'd share them and treat you all to an insight of my mind.To help you get to know me better I'm doing a post sharing 50 random facts about me. Enjoy! :)

Personal Facts
1. I'm 17 years old
I'm ageing up in less than two months which is very exciting! 
2. I was a vegetarian for 3 years
I used to feel guilty about eating meat but I never held it against anyone. I genuinely feel different now and eat meat three times a day. (Not really haha once, maybe twice...)
3. I have crazy dreams
I mean really MENTAL dreams, some of a naughty nature (okay a lot). I share all of my dreams with my best friend but I think they may be inappropriate for this post so we'll save them for later...
4. I have a mannequin called Geraldine
I got Geraldine for my birthday or Christmas one year after seeing a dress maker's doll in Gilmore Girls. She's pretty and blue and I love her. At parties she's very popular and always willing to dance.
5. I'm going to NY for my 21st
For my brother's eighteenth my grandparents took him and my cousin to Japan. As my eighteenth birthday present they're taking me to New York but I postponed it until I'm 21 so I can drink out there. There's nothing I can think of that would be more magical than being pissed in New York. 
6. I was on the school council in year 5
I remember when they opened the door and called me in and said I was on the school council!!!! I was overjoyed (mainly because I had a crush on the boy candidate but I liked the power too, let's just say my cousin won a looooot of competitions during this period of time)
7. I have no fashion sense, just comfort sense
By comfort I don't mean joggers and a sweat top (even though they're amaaazing) but I mean more how I feel comfortable. For example a fashionable dress might make me feel awful in which case I'd change into the orange glittery dress I bought from the Clothes Show which everybody quite rightly finds disgusting but I love! If I don't feel confident in what I wear I wont be myself but I can feel confident in some of the most god awful clothing imaginable because it's me!
8. I have a vintage themed bedroom
It's one of the greatest gifts I've ever received and my dad's hard work REALLY paid off. I love it so much! I don't keep it tidy which annoys all of my friends but I still love it regardless of how many inches of dust it's under. I always add new bits to it whether it be a jewellery box or a plant, I'm the opposite of minimalist. 
9. School/work
I am currently studying A Levels at sixth form. I'm doing art, textiles and business studies.
I have worked since being thirteen at a family run farm shop (Heaths) which I still do today every Sunday! I also work as a pot washer (and sometimes waitress) at a small restaurant (Mileburne) which is amazing because, well... free food.
10. I used to wear braces
My teeth were never awful but I really wanted braces anyway (what was I thinking?) but I'm really glad because my teeth are so much nicer! They're not perfect because I never really wore my retainer - I'm going for the 'natural' look haha and my mum threw them away after they stood on the windowsill collecting dust for a while. 
11. I have only my ears pierced
I used to want my eyebrow pierced... then my lip... then my upper ear (I have just the lobe). I think I'd have regretted getting any other piercings now but I have previously pierced my own ear (not recommended) which I thought was sooo cool at the time.
12. I have no tattoos... yet
I crave tattoos and unfortunately I'm one of these people who aren't against name tattoos so I can imagine myself having several names tattooed on me before I die. My mum doesn't agree though and since I'm very close with my parents I respect (most of) their views and wouldn't get one if they didn't approve. I do want some though, just small ones as I often change my mind about a lot of stuff but I've always loved tattoos and I think I always will.
13. I have limited vocabulary
Considering my dad's an author/English teacher my vocab is poor. I blame this on my bad memory, I'll learn a word, use it and then forget it. But seriously, who uses big words outside of the classroom?!
14. I have a sexy ass wardrobe
Me and my dad took a very exciting trip to Ikea when my room got decorated and bought some wire drawers and white rails. So instead of a physical wardrobe I just have drawers either edge of my room with white rails in the centre then a curtain's hung up in front of them which means when I pull the curtains back my whole room is a closet!
15. I'm uncomfortable farting in public
I don't know why, I just can't. 


Traits
16. I have an addictive personality
If I find something I like I go mental about it don't let go of it until I've milked it dry. Sims is a great example haha!
17. I'm a VERY open person
I don't have many (if any) secrets and I'm very open about... everything. I'm not ashamed or embarrassed about anything because why should I waste my life regretting things when I can just enjoy the good stuff?  
18. I'm not awkward in most 'awkward' situations
You can talk to me about ANYTHING and it's not awkward or weird. When I'm meeting new people I'm usually pretty good at befriending them without the awkward silences etc.
19. I can be overwhelming
Sometimes the above can have an adverse effect and send people running in the opposite direction! Most people hold back their personality and ease people into it which I don't do so I often freak people out. Although it's really great sometimes because people get to know ME and there are no surprises! 
20. I have the worst memory ever
What was the question?
21. I'm a slob
I'll come home from school, strip, dump my clothes on the floor and leave them there. Mugs will gather, germs will breed. 
22. I have telepathic abilities
Me and Emma know each other so well we basically share a brain so we know what each other's thinking with less than a look. I once claimed I have Bryony's (my cousin) blood running through my veins because without any words I know how she feels and what's happened which I find really weird but I love that we're so close it happens. 
23. I'm hardly ever embarrassed
I'm not embarrassed about anything that happened. Sure I've had some... loads of embarrassing moments but right now I'm happy as f##k so why should I get embarrassed about all the events that lead me to where I am now. I wouldn't change anything for the world.
24. I turn chavvy when I'm angry
It's just my voice, accent and words. 'Da fuk u doin?' is one of my personal favourites. I don't get angry often but when I do get angry I get ANGRY.
25. I always need to do something with my hands
This has only recently been pointed out to me but I think it's true! I could be playing with my bag or holding someone's hand I have to do something... 
26. I'm easily distracted
I'm really easi... oooooooh shiny things!
27. I'm an impulse buyer
If I see something I want I buy it, it may cost a fortune and be absolutely ridiculous but if I love it I want it, get it and cherish it.

Family
28. I have two wonderful pets
I have a westie called Amber who's 6 years old (over 40 in dog years! :[) we named her after this whale stomach perfume or something (it's kinda gross) we bought in Morocco. She joins me in bed most mornings and she's lovely and cute and so snuggly! 
I also have a handsome black cat called Lennie, inspired by Of Mice And Men which I was reading at the time. He's an ex farm cat who had worms and fleas before my auntie saved him and his siblings. We got him around Christmas and he played with the baubles on the tree which was rather amusing.
29. Emma is my best friend of all time
We were friends in primary school but parted ways after joining secondary. When GCSEs came round we became friends again and are inseparable now. People often think we're a couple and people consider us married. I love her more than I love life to put it lightly. Here's her blog: http://imaginelacedragonsfashion.blogspot.co.uk/
30. My parents are amazing
They're not controlling or restricting, they've let me grow to be my own person which I'll forever be thankful for. We never fight or argue, we're best friends and all my friends wish they were their parents haha! Most of my friends don't understand the relationship I have with my parents but it's so amazing and lovely there's not a day that goes by where I don't appreciate them and everything they've done for me. 
31. My brother is awesome
Ah, well as children we fought, a lot! But as we grew up together not than many years ago we bonded over computer games and relationship troubles and now are also best friends. We share the same interests and spend time together willingly. Every brother/sister relationship should be as ours is because it's so nice to be able to share all of my troubles, worries and amazing experiences with him!
32. My dad's an author
I am so proud of my dad! He's written novels, short stories and poems, most of which I have read. He still owes me a poem though! His latest book is Thoughts of Maria (inspiration for this blog!) and I have read it and loved it! www.gregoryheath.co.uk
33. I come from a farming family
My dad's side of the family is huge and as a family we've been running a farm and shop for almost 100 years! I'm proud of this heritage and love love love that I'm part of it. I can't grow crops to save my life but I can serve the hell out of customers! 

Likes & dislikes
34. I love Marmite
I like it with cheese, beans or on its sweet own. Oh yeah.
35. I crave pretzels
It's the saltiness I crave and mixed with chocolate (Cadbury's pretzels omg) is HEAVEN. I have a massive thing for salty chocolate.
36. I like wine
Red, white, rose. In that order. I love wine, always have and always will (it's a necessity in my family!)
37. My favourite place is the English coast
There's nothing more gorgeous than the English coast. The houses, the smells, the chips, the pubs, the people and no sweaty bikinis! I am destined to live here and I'm determined to make it happen. 
38. I love baths
They're amazing after a hard day's work, when you're bored or when you just want a bath. They're relaxing, easy and perfect for reading!
39. I like watches
I wanted one for ages and begged my friend to buy me one... she didn't. After the devastation my parents bought me one for Christmas and ever since I've been addicted to them and have found some amazing ones for £2... £2!!!!!! on eBay and they're so comfy, accurate and expensive looking!
40. My onesie is the best thing ever to happen to me
I never understood the whole craze over onesies until my grandparents gave me one for Christmas. I've worn it ever since. 
41. Food
Need I say more?
42. I co-invented the sweet chilli sauce and double chocolate cheesecake recipe
We were bored, just had chilli sauce and moved onto the cheesecake. The sauce was there and one thing lead to another. It was AMAZING. I recommend this to everyone ever. 
43. Sudocrem was a god send
Scratches, spots, scabs. Sudocrem will sort them!
44. I love gaming (Sims and Minecraft!)
I've been addicted to Sims for what seems like forever. I remember the first time I EVER saw it, I was at Bryony's and she clicked the mouse, dragged it across the screen and painted a wall. Since then I've been hooked. I own all but one of The Sims 2 expansion packs, unfortunately unlike in The Sims, money doesn't grown on trees so I have just The Sims 3 Generations which my cousin gave me. It's awesome. You can dress up as a dinosaur! 
I bought Minecraft a while ago and me and my brother go through phases where it's all we'll do for weeks on end. My favourite MC world is where me and my brother connected loads of islands with a massive bridge and we all built our own houses on our own islands.
45. I'm 84% sure I'm addicted to coffee
It was until just recently when I forgot to have breakfast (how?!?!) when I felt really low and unenergized I thought what's missing? Why coffee of course! After I had one I felt fine! I didn't even know how much I relied on it until this day!
46. I like reading
I find it really hard to get 'into' books but I can't read one if I'm not enjoying it! I really liked The Entire Animal and I'm always looking for more to read! 
47. I like spooning
With Emma, with Amber or whoever's up for it. A good spoon makes everything better!
48. I LOVE nail polish
I must have been collecting ever since I discovered the wonderful product. Over the years I've spend hundreds of pounds and many hours to form a collection of over 100 nail polishes which I'm still keen to add to! I paint my nails most nights and sometimes experiment with different designs. Nail painting is my not-so-guilty pleasure. 
49. I like to swear
It's expressive! I use it (mostly) appropriately and have never really been told off for it. I try to restrict it where I should but if you don't like me swearing just don't listen to me.
50. I am AWFUL at Geography
Geography is a massive flaw for me. I'm rubbish at it, I just don't get it. I genuinely asked my friend who was going to Cambridge University 'Is Cambridge in London?' I don't know where one part of England is in relation to another in England. I just can't, I'm not stupid, I'm geographically challenged.

No comments:

Post a Comment