Thursday 22 January 2015

Two steps to a better, happier you

Find motivation/inspiration in the littlest of things
You don't need to be motivated all of the time; motivation is an ongoing process! I've been going to the gym recently and have thought 'maybe I should drive to work so I can drive straight to the gym' but instead I have given myself a few days to think about it (I know it's not a big deal but I love biking to work) and have kept biking. This morning on my journey I saw my mum's friend, who I see biking around a lot, who's a big believer in regular exercise and she's always so positive, energetic and full of life. Seeing her big grin and enthusiastic wave motivated me, I enjoy biking, it's a bit of extra exercise and a great opportunity to get some fresh air!
It's finding motivation in little things that keeps you going towards your ultimate goal, all you need is the right frame of mind.

Always have something to look forward to
Since I've started full time work my life seems very samey, always working and not much play. My days off are split so I never seem to have much of a break which means when I have something to look forward to, I REALLY look forward to it. Then when I don't have anything happening in the near future I feel like I'm stuck in a rut. When I order something online I'm always excited for it to arrive then I realised you can look forward to pretty much anything! It doesn't have to be a massive holiday or a week off work. It could be a roast dinner or going out in your new dress. So now I make sure I always have something to look forward to. 
Right now there are a few things:
- Becoming a member of the gym 
- My new workout DVD I ordered last week
- Shopping for summer holiday clothes
- and the most exciting... going to Scotland for a week with my boyfriend!

Be grateful for the things that make you happy and make sure you appreciate them! This will help when you're feeling down, just think of things you have or things you're looking forward to and they'll be sure to lift your mood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment