Thursday 15 January 2015

Turn that frown upside down

I work in retail and we have lots of regular customers; there's a particular couple who have been in a lot recently and the woman always looks a bit sad, annoyed and grumpy (it could just be her facial expression!) so I try to put extra effort in making them feel welcomed and valued. Recently they placed a big order and told my boss I was an 'asset to the company' which makes me feel pretty damn good! It's good to know my behaviour has made an impression on them and I'm grateful for them for acknowledging it! Every day I aim to give a compliment or two because who doesn't love being complimented?! It's mainly over nail polish because that's my area of expertise but anything will do!
I once complimented a woman on her engagement ring and her response was 'It cost him everything he had at the time, but I'm worth it' which I found hilarious. Not only do the compliments make people feel good but they spark conversations which generally make people happy - and they help time past faster on slow days! 
Try giving people a few compliments, make somebody's day, possibly a new friend and see how it benefits you in return!

And remember to smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment